Tuesday 10 February 2009

Digitisation number 2 - royalty

I held a quick competition on Twitter to see if anyone could guess the identity of this album.

Here were the clues:

  1. Band from Coventry
  2. Lead singer left to be a presenter on the young MTV
  3. Second 'difficult' album.
@GaryJDay got it right!


I felt I should follow this band when they came out with the hit, 'Love and Pride', as I lived near Coventry and my favourite radio station at the time. Mercia Sound, were promoting them. I also entered and won a competition on Mercia Sound around this time and received a vinyl promo copy of a 'Bangles' album...

Anyway, listening to this now, I really rather like it - especially 'Alone Without You' - the biggest single and 'Sugar Candy Mountain Buddhas'.

Oh yes, just getting the links from YouTube reminded of the King trademark - spray painted Dr. Martin's boots!

The digitising process appeared to be going well until I played the files back. It turns out that the four-track tape deck also mixes in sounds through its integrated microphone - even though it is switched off! So at the beginning of the first track you can hear my telephone ringing! I couldn't be bothered to do it again...it's like history of the process I suppose.

I also got the process for making the MP3s sorted and transferred a couple of tracks to iTunes.

On to the next!!

No comments:

Post a Comment